Litigation before Courts in the following areas:
Enforcement and defense before District and Appeal Courts
In the field of Patents
In matters of patent litigation, we are able to call upon the formal scientific training of our people in-house without having to look outside.
Our services cover patent infringement actions, patent invalidity actions, actions aimed at getting clearance through non-infringement rulings, and obtaining preliminary injunctions where infringement of rights is manifest.
In the field of Trademark and Designs
Our activities include Trademark and Design infringement actions, Trademark and Design invalidity actions, Claims for loss of Trademark rights through non-use, unfair competition actions, applications for preliminary injunctions.
In the field of Copyright
Among the Partners and associates trained and qualified in Intellectual Property Law, four are highly specialized in Copyright Law (Droit d’Auteur).
We are active in areas such as copyright infringement, invalidity of Copyright, unfair competition where Copyright is involved, and applications for preliminary injunctions in matters of Copyright infringement.
In the field of Domain names
We act for clients who are victims of infringement of their IP rights and/or unfair competition on the Web, before French courts.
- We are experienced in introducing UDRP complaints to recover domain names which have fallen victim to cybersquatting
- We act on behalf of clients who wish to acquire domain names that were registered in the names of third parties;
Our activities also include taking steps to appropriate domain names.
In the field of unfair competition
We regularly introduce and defend actions where unfair competition is involved, which can typically arise under the following circumstances:
- Where a product or its trade dress have been reproduced or imitated
- Where a company name, trading name or trading sign is being used or imitated
- Where discredit has been thrown on a market competitor.
Our succes rate in judicial matters
Over the period of July 1, 2001 through March 30, 2013, we obtained 384 judgments in the intellectual property field, of which:
- 124 judgments concerning patents,
- 174 judgments concerning Trademarks,
- 86 judgments concerning Designs, Copyright or unfair competition.
Of these, 63% were in favor of our client including those cases where we were acting in defense.